Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Denver Friends and Response

We received the following cards in the mail yesterday from some dear friends in Denver where I served as Bishop. We were so touched by their love and concern for us. I appreciated it very much.


Dear Friends, The news of your health problem was a shock ~ we are so sorry. Our prayers are with you. May you have our Heavenly Fathers arms to be around you and support you during this difficult time. We love you - you have many friends here who love and will pray for you. We remember your years here as the Bishop. I will always remember one Sunday you, Bishop, asked me if I could please play the organ a little softer - and I said "NO"! I need to repent! Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Steve and Marie Carpenter


Dear Ken & Kathy
May you know our love and prayers are with you. May you feel the Lords tender mercies and his loving arms around you. You are so loved.
Jim and Donna Johnson


Ken & Kathy
Love & prayers go to you at this time. I know your faith and strength will be such a blessing at this time. Wishing you the best with the treatments and care you will be receiving.
Love Dorothy & Rick


Dear Brother Hendricks & Family
I can't imagine how difficult this is and will be for you. I do not know you - but I have heard many nice things about you & and your family. I know many who love you & are great friends with your family. Your example has gone beyond them & touched lives. I pray you feel the love of our Savior and Father in Heaven during this time. You will be in our prayers.
Love, the Bott Family


Bishop & Kathy
We are extremely sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. We will pray for your comfort as you go through this very, very hard time. We love you and know that the Lord will bless you both through this. You are strong. Your testimonies will carry you through this.
Love, Sister DeAnne Smith


Dear Hendricks Family,
We want to send our love to your family. We will keep you in our prayers. May the Lord comfort you, and may you feel his love round about you.
Love, Clark & Lynnea Anderson


Dear Bro Hendricks
We are sending our love to you and your family. The Lords works in mysterious ways!! There is love in the Gospel!!
Love, The Shaws


Dear Hendricks Family
So sorry to hear about Ken. You are in our thoughts and prayers. May you feel the love and strength from Heavenly Father to help with this trial in your life. We love you!
The Nielsen Family


Dear Bishop Hendricks
Please be comforted at this time! You are a dear man and have been loved and appreciated by your righteous service in your Priesthood. You are in our prayers.
Ailiene Coclcuham & Brittany Gallagher


Dear Bishop Hendricks & Kathy
I have always been so appreciative of my joy and pleasure to be considered your friend and Sister in the Gospel. I loved serving with you -- we had a variety of good & and interesting experiences, didn't we. Of course, my prayers are with you and yours, as you face what lies ahead. I will join my strength with your strength and faith... and we'll go from there... much love always,
Carly Garza


Dear Ken & Kathy
We love you! We are so grateful we could fast for your family. We have a strong testimony of fasting. We know the comfort that comes to us through others love. Our first association with you was when we sat in your Bishop's office. Several of us parents were there trying to figure out our boys and the trials they were putting us through. We were always grateful that we could all work together as parents and friends. You are very good, strong people. You have testimonies of our Savior and his atonement. We are personally grateful our Savior loved us so much to take upon himself our sadness and paid the heartache! We will always remember you in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Wade, Ann & Mike Hancey


Dear Bishop and Kathy
We love you! I am so grateful that our paths crossed. You are amazing people - so string and so faithful. Thank you for your examples. You are truly elect people. Treasure every moment.
Michelle Ballard


Bishop Hendricks
We were so sad to hear about your illness!! Know that you are in our prayers and our thoughts.
Love, Doug, Miquel Hamilton


Dear Ken & Kathy
My thought and prayers are with you. I love you and thank you for all that you have done for me.
I love you! Cindy Johnson


Bishop Hendricks
My husband and I moved into the ward after you were released as Bishop so we didn’t have the privilege of knowing you and your family but we wish you the best and hope you will all feel the loving arms of the Savior all around you as you endure this trial. May you find comfort through your faith in Christ and Heavenly father's plan of eternal life.
The Tweeddale Family


Dear Bishop & Kathy Hendricks
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know you have a lot of faith and are strong people. You have always been great examples to me. I am still indebted to you for all you did for my family. I have talked to my children and Karly, Brittny, & Ryan send their love. My girls are going to call Kari. I love you and your family and pray you will be blessed with peace and comfort to endure this trial.
Love, Debbie Burrows



Michelle, could you please deliver this response to the Bishop and have it read to the members. Thank you.


Dear Clement Park Friends,

Thank you so much for your generous thoughts and prayers. They are so appreciated. One of the greatest blessings that I have ever enjoyed was being your Bishop. Looking back it wasn’t fair to the other Bishops in the Stake because I had such an easy time given the strength of our Ward. It was truly a Camelot period. I always knew that whatever the Stake or I asked of you, you would respond.

We all grow older, experience life’s hardships and its moments of thrills and delights. While we have had some difficulties ourselves, Kathy and I choose to focus on our blessings of which we have many. Our greatest blessings have been our children – children which many of you influenced for good. I cannot even express to you my feelings as I recently lay in a hospital bed and was ministered to by a righteous son and son-in-law. I would have happily passed there having had everything a man could reasonably want.

I always wanted to return and live in Colorado again, to see the blue skies, cheer for the Broncos (maybe not this year), to stroll around Clement Park Lake, to reflect at the High School and to be reunited with you. I was never able to completely move on after having experienced Colorado. I think that I left my heart behind when we came to Utah. I may not get that chance again but I will never forget you and what you given to our family.

I am at peace with my illness and God’s will. If it is his will for me to pass I look forward to reuniting with dearly departed friends and with my son. What a joyous occasion that will be! If I recover and remain in mortality longer I certainly have gained a better appreciation for service and reaching out to those in need.

May the Lord’s blessings remain with you.

Love Always,

Bishop Hendricks

4 comments:

James and Roberta Eleazer said...

You have some fine friends and so many people who care about you. You and Kathy are truly blessed.

Kari said...

That really was the best ward and area we ever lived in, I miss it and them. What wonderful people and I'm sure there are many many more that you have touched in some way that you'll never even know. Thank you to all those wonderful friends.

K said...

A good ward is family. And your response was very good.

Ginna said...

How sweet. That's the kind of support that you can really feel. And I loved your letter back.

And the new header is so fun!

Post a Comment

 

Blogger