Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Working Out

I went back to the gym today. I didn't do much but rode the stationary bicycle and walked on the treadmill. I do not want to lose whatever fitness I have left. I've started and quit exercise programs many times in the past and can tell you that it is not fun starting over. So I am going to push myself until I can start running and lifting weights again.

Three years ago Kathy and I joined a gym and hired a trainer. We meet with the trainer three times a week and do cardio the other days. It's been great fun and an enjoyable activity to do as a couple. I exercised daily for nearly three years before this cancer break. Working out didn't stop the cancer from forming but I believe that it will help with coping with it.

3 comments:

Ginna said...

I think it's awesome you went back to the gym. It seems like it will definitely help. I need to get back to the dang gym too.

Anonymous said...

The exercise is WISE!!!
lIKE EVERYTHING ELSE - USE IT OR LOSE II. Clayton

K said...

I agree with the above comment. Exercise can also work miracles. Don't laugh, but I've watched the Biggest Loser several seasons and the people there, some who've been on as many as fourteen meds for years, drop the meds as they gain strength and keep the body moving. Certainly, you will last longer.

Post a Comment

 

Blogger